KATSUYAMA LEI JUNMAI GINJO 720ml
Brewery: KATSUYAMA SHUZO
Signature of the Samurai clan.
A style of saké with a fruity aroma and rich taste evoking Japanese fine muskmelon, along with umami and its accompanying sweetness, make for a very drinkable saké. While ideal for those new to saké, the rich flavour also makes it well suited as an aperitif as well as just the right drink for pairing with rich dishes. Serve very well chilled.
The name Lei comes from the wagtail, a sacred creature in Japanese mythology and messenger of the gods. The official signature of Date Masamune, founder of the Sendai Domain, happens to resemble the long flowing tail of this bird.
- Brewery: SENDAI ISAWAKE KATSUYAMA SHUZO
- Region: Miyagi
- Classification: Junmai Ginjo
- Item Code: 164811
- %ALC/VOL: 12%
- Net Volume: 720ml
- Rice: Hitomebore
- Rice Polishing Rate: 55%
- SMV (Sake Meter Value): -42
- Serve: Cold | Well Chilled
- Food Pairing: French Cuisine | Charcuterie Board | Cream-based Dishes | Rich Meat Dishes | Desserts
Nippon Food Distributors is Australia's official importer and distributor of Katsuyama Saké.